Do you have a SQL Server that is running slow? With SQL Performance Tuning from Stedman Solutions, we can help improve the performance of your SQL Server by tracking down the root cause and determining a plan of action to resolve the problems.
Do you need a quick check to find out what may be impacting performance? Do you need a longer term consulting arrangement? With our SQL performance tuning packages all of your needs can be covered with the 1, 3 or 5 day performance check, to regular maintenance work or something else. The free 30 minute consult can help determine where to go next.
Are you considering adding more hardware to improve the speed? Are you adding the right hardware? Will adding more RAM improve your I/O issues? Performance tuning can tune your existing server, to run faster without always requiring more hardware. Stedman Solutions can help you get the most out of your SQL Server. Adding hardware doesn’t always address the problem, a quick database health check prior to ordering your hardware can help confirm that you are doing the right thing.
If you have a specific query needing help or you want better performance out of your entire SQL Server, we can help. Your database doesn’t have to be slow.
Common performance issues that we deal with include, server configuration, indexing, TempDB contention, storage and backup issues, virtual machine configuration, and much more.
Are you having performance issues with your virtual machine with Hyper-V or VMWare? Is your SAN configured optimally for your database performance? Are your backups taking longer and longer and impacting performance? SQL performance tuning from Stedman Solutions can help.
Do you know if your server is being limited by disk I/O, memory, index and table design or something else? The free 30 minute consult can show what Stedman Solutions can do to help track down your performance issues.
Whether you are using SQL Server 2005, the latest release of SQL Server or anywhere in between we can help track down and provide solutions to fix the performance issues.
Do you have these SQL Server performance problems?
- SSIS Packages that run for hours
- Locking and blocking
- Poor query performance
- Not enough memory on your SQL Server
- Slow queries
- Incorrect indexes
- Slow backups
- Disk queuing
- CPU bottlenecks
- Troublesome SQL Server configurations
If you know you have performance issues but just don’t know where to start, contact us today for a free 30 minute consultation. Our performance tuning experts will determine if the performance issues are from the database design, indexes, T-SQL, SQL Server configurations, hard drive layout, or wherever the problems are hiding.
SQL Performance Tuning Overview
Stedman Solutions specializes in SQL Server performance, administration and development projects. Our team understands cost effective approaches to the design, management, and availability of your IT infrastructure.
The benefits of Stedman Solutions approach to SQL performance tuning needs includes:
- Assess: Stedman Solutions will consider customer goals in assessing the database performance requirements and implementing any suggestions or changes to your SQL Server. Stedman Solutions delivers proactive recommendations and an associated roadmap to go from today to tomorrow. The free 30 minute consult is where the assessment begins.
- Plan: Stedman Solutions will provide a plan to get from your current performance state to where you need to be.
- Design: Stedman Solutions delivers an overall design solution to meet your SQL performance tuning needs. The design can utilize your current infrastructure with recommendations for improved future infrastructure. The design of your database going forward can have a big impact on your overall SQL performance.
- Implement: Stedman Solutions can assess the problem and make recommendations for you to implement the solution, or we can be involved in whatever detail is needed to implement the solution, including doing the after hours maintenance and other work as needed.
- Educate: Stedman Solutions not only finds and can fix the problems, but educates the customer on how to avoid the problems in the future.
Watch and Learn
I can remember an auto repair shop with a sign showing the posted prices, and they had a “if you watch” for a 25% surcharge, and a “if you help” for a 50% markup. Well there is a big difference between auto repair and performance tuning your SQL Server database. It is preferable if you participate to watch and learn with a GoToMeeting or screen sharing option. There are even cases when our efforts with your help combined can save time. For instance, with a multi-day performance tuning packages we can find the initial problems, assign changes to the client, wait for them to be completed, then come back a few days later for the remaining work. Working remote makes it easy to split days this way. For onsite consultation requiring travel it is preferable to be onsite for a fixed amount of time.
SQL Performance Tuning Packages
Stedman Solutions offers one day, three day and five day performance tuning packages to help get your SQL Server running faster. With the help of the Database Health Monitor, Stedman Solutions can help find the performance, CPU or I/O bottlenecks to improve the overall performance of your SQL Server.
Get Started With a Consultation
Find out about the free 30 minute consult to see what we can do to help improve your SQL Server performance. With a remote GoToMeeting session we can quickly be working on determining what needs to be done to fix those SQL Server performance issues.
- Free 30 minute consultation
- SQL Performance Tuning from Stedman Solutions, LLC
- One Day SQL Performance Tuning Package
- Three Day SQL Performance Tuning Package
- Five Day SQL Performance Tuning Package
- Database Health Monitor
- Stedman Solutions, LLC Consulting Services
- Stedman Solutions Raving Fans (find out what people are saying about Stedman Solutions)